COVID-19 Contingency Plan
This contingency plan has been developed due to the spread of the Covid-19 virus also known as the Coronavirus. This contingency plan has been developed in accordance with Icelandic law on civil protection. This plan was is built on data that are accessible on the websites of the Directorate of Health as well as the Covid-19 information site, Covid.is.
This contingency plan applies to the staff members of Prime Tours, also known as Akstursþjónustan ehf. in Iceland, as well as all of Prime Tours’ clients. The goal of this contingency plan is to minimize the risk to our staff members and clients of contracting the virus as well as to act accordingly in case either of these parties contracts the virus.
PRIME TOURS COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM
Prime Tours’ response team consists of Prime Tours’ administrative staff as well as select office members. Prime Tours’ response team consists of the following individuals:
|Response team||Phone number|
|Helgi Þór Guðmundsson||+354 856-0627|
|Hjörleifur Harðarson||+354 892-1961|
|Birgir Hlynur Guðmundsson||+354 867-5613|
|Þórunn Alexandersdóttir||+354 849-9961|
|Prime Tours office||+354 470-1000|
The Prime Tours response team works closely together in order to ensure the safety of both our staff members and clients. Special Covid-19 rules of procedure have been put in place within Prime Tours. All staff members have been made aware of these new rules and procedures and the Prime Tours response team ensures that these new rules are followed. The Prime Tours response team also ensures that masks, protective gloves and hand sanitizer are available to both staff and clients in all of Prime Tours’ vehicles. This contingency plan along with any other relevant Covid-19 rules and procedures are regularly updated in accordance with government regulations.
ANSWERS TO FAQ REGARDING COVID-19
- If there is the slightest suspicion of a staff member having contracted the virus or of that particular staff member can feel any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 then that staff member will be off duty immediately. Staff members are required to notify their supervisor immediately regarding their state.
- Should any member of staff or a client be diagnosed with Covid-19 then the Prime Tours response team will follow the rules and instructions that are already in place. The response team will contact staff / clients and ensure that all parties possibly exposed to the diagnosed individual are informed of the situation and told how to proceed.
- If the Covid-19 virus poses a special risk to any staff member due to any health conditions as described by the Directorate of Health or if the staff member feels as if he/she are not safe performing their duties then that staff member shall inform their supervisor of the situation immediately. Prime Tours will try to remedy the situation by offering other assignments under different circumstances, the possibility of working from home or any other solutions that might apply to meet the staff members’ needs.
- Should any staff member need to quarantine then the Prime Tours response team will act accordingly to ensure the safety of other staff members. Quarantine applies to individuals that have possibly been exposed to the virus but do not show any sign of symptoms or sickness.
- If suspicion arises of the spread of the Covid-19 virus to a staff member or client then the Prime Tours’ response team will act according to the following:
- Contact Landspítali (the hospital) through phone no.: +354 543-1000 and be connected to a relevant hospital staff member that can be of assistance to the matter or contact the epidemiologist through phone no.: +354 510-1933.
In this section you can find instructions on how to react to the three phases set by the Department of Civil Protection. The three phases are the following:
- Uncertainty Phase
- Alert Phase
- Distress/Emergency Phase
- Prime Tours’ Contingency plan and contingency instructions are read over and updated if need be. Date of update is to be recorded.
- Prime Tours’ is in contact with a health educated staff member from the hospital or the Directorate of Health in preperation.
- All members of staff are made aware of the updated contingency plan and instructions and where they can be found and read over.
- Prime Tours’ response team monitors new information from the Department of Civil Protection as well as from the Directorate of Health.
- Prime Tours updates information on the state of things in accordance with the Department of Civil Protection and the Directorate of Health and this new information is presented to members of staff.
- Members of staff are advised on how to avoid contracting the virus.
- Members of staff are made aware that any and all symptoms of illness or sickness that might be associated with Covid-19 should be reported to supervisors and staff shall be off duty until further notice. These instances shall be officially registered.
- Should any member of staff fall ill then Prime Tours response team shall act according to the contingency plan and draw up mock scenarios of the possible spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- Scenarios are defined regarding the possible risk of infection between clients in our day tours / transfers.
DISTRESS / EMEERGENCY PHASE
- Actions regarding infection control are set in motion.
- Prime Tours will continue operating if possible.
- Prime Tours will close if instructed by the authorities.
- Information regarding the state of thigns is constantly updated in accordance with the Department of Civil Defense and the Directorate of Health. This information is then presented to members of staff.
STAFF MEMBER HEALTH
All members of staff are to pay close attention to their own health and go home if any symptoms arise. Staff members should contact a doctor if need be.
Staff shall not go to work if sick or displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19. Staff shall then stay at home until they are well and be tested for Covid-19 if necessary.
If a staff member were to go to work while being sick then that staff member will be sent home immediately.
GENERAL HYGIENE AND THE DISPOSING OF WASTE
All staff members and clients of Prime Tours are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizer. They are also encouraged to to wipe their hands with a paper towel or a contactless hand dryer.
Staff members and clients of Prime Tours are encouraged to relinquish any shaking of hands, hugging or anything else like that. Instead we encourage a great smile or waving.
If staff members or travelers feel the need to cough or sneeze then we encourage them to do so into a paper towel or to their own elbow. If they have coughed or sneezed into their hands then we encourage them to wash their hands afterwards and use hand sanitizer.